Autel Support Communities
Autel Support Communities
Welcome, Guest     Sign in
Communities > Diagnostic & Analysis System > MaxiSys > Root is available! Google Play Store loc...
Root is available! Google Play Store locked and loaded!

18689 Views 18 Replies Latest reply: 2014-11-13 13:31:22

•   Level 2   
    (38) points
    kitt050383
    2014-05-09 19:28:40

Root is available! Google Play Store locked and loaded!

visit: http://kitt050383.wix.com/secrets

You will see screenshots & a video! A how to will follow soon!

-KITT

•   Level 4   
    (105) points
    vipercd

2014-05-09 20:36:46 (Reply to:kitt050383)

what's the advantage.

•   Level 2   
    (38) points
    kitt050383
    2014-05-09 20:53:29 (Reply to:vipercd)
      So far the pros are as follows: 
    1. Google play store
    2. More apps for you to run
    3. You can remove the phone portions of android
    Or install google voice for texting

4. Working screen shots
    5. Better multitasking with floating apps
    6. YouTube can be installed and works 100%
    7. If you want you can install the gmail app
    8. You can install anti theft protection
    Prey works best for this case
    9. You can install circuit testing apps to help understand
    A electrical schematic
    11. You can use a different launcher to get out of the app drawer autel
    Has locked you into
    12. You can use root apps 

Cons so far none!

A lot of people asked for this and I have been rooting android tablets and phones forever it really 
    Wasn't to hard to get it done. 

-kitt

•   Level 2   
    (23) points
    basbura

2014-05-10 08:20:27

Does this interfere at all with the systems update app (the icon that's out side the maxisys app) or update in the maxisys app.  Must of what we are paying for on the maxisys is really the software so I'm really leary of anything that might interfere with there software or future software.  I really hoping that a future update from autel will root. I'd feel a lot safer doing it that way.

•   Level 2   
    (38) points
    kitt050383
    2014-05-10 18:41:13 (Reply to:basbura)
     The scan tool is 100%  operational. No interference at all. The floating multitask button works as well as the software update. The only thing I still have to see is if the root can survive a android system update.

-Kitt

•   Level 4   
    (116) points
    P2gee

2014-05-12 10:25:57

I would certainly be interested in rooting the Maxisys, if for no other reason than to be able to use Titanium Backup. But as others have stated, this is a $2k plus tool that makes me money every day and not some idle while phone that if rooting blows it up I toss in the trash and get another one. I have often wondered why RootExplorer is installed but is unusable due to lack of root. Maybe Autel rooting is in the pipeline somewhere in the future. 

•   Level 2   
    (38) points
    kitt050383
    2014-05-12 11:32:36 (Reply to:P2gee)
     As I stated root so far has no side affects. 
    But rooting this device is different than a phone in the sense that you will not have a custom recovery flashed.
    Because if you do you will loose the autel a android factory update. 
    As of right now I can protect root with root keeper however it does not work if android is updated to 4.3 
    Right now were on 4.0.4.

I do agree that this is a money making tool no one can afford to brick which is why I am working on a good guide.
    But I am still debating releasing the information on how to get the google play store on the device because it is really difficult
    For some and I do not wish to be blamed for any problems.

-kitt

•   Level 4   
    (169) points
    Scootincivic

2014-05-12 21:37:48

Hmmm...
    Don't see why not but hopefully your hard work will work also on the mini.
    The only "Pro" I can see for many other user's would be the use of Google Play.
    However for power user's like myself who 'Roots' all there Droid devices I see this as a no brainer.

Odd though as I'm sure there would be a way to install a custom recovery such as "CW"..
    Paying over $2K this thing should have been granted Root permissions from the start.
    Also the binary should have been released as well I would assume.

As for another 'Pro' it should be noted that having Root will NOT void your warranty. Witch is always a plus. Only way the warranty would be an issue is installing a 3rd party ROM &/or installing a custom recovery. HOWEVER even then it's rather easy to turn everything back to stock.

Interested to see were this is heading Kitt..
    You'll have my support for sure.

•   Level 2   
    (38) points
    kitt050383
    2014-05-13 12:35:39 (Reply to:Scootincivic)
     I would not install a custom recovery. None have been compiled for our device. 
    And it would block android system updates. I have been looking at guides to port 
    Twrp and cw but they both would block ota. 

I am open to suggestions or help from others that know android.

-kitt

•   Level 2   
    (46) points
    rkeehr20

2014-05-14 20:52:41 (Reply to:kitt050383)

Have you tried a factory system restore since rooting?  Would this bring back all original software including scanner files as it does without being rooted?  Specifically, can you get it back to stock even if it is back to stock but rooted?  dont want to chance losing scanner software.
  Total2 Pages